The Cyprus Civil Registry and Migration Department has been working with the UK Government regarding the impending withdrawal of the UK from the European Union. There is a large expat community in Cyprus, with the UK being a fundamental foreign nationality permanently residing on the island and many are concerned with their rights to remain, including access to pension rights and retirement for those planning to remain in Cyprus as a resident later in life.
Eltoma Corporate Services are offering a naturalisaton based on years of residency to those eligible that have been legally residing in the Republic of Cyprus for a period of 7 years or longer prior to the date of application. Contact us for more information on Cyprus Naturalisation.
We would suggest to UK residents with a Yellow Slip or EU Residency Permit to begin preparing documentation to prove continual residency during the requirement period. If you are currently residing or intend to reside in Cyprus click here for how to apply for your Yellowslip. All UK expats must have been permanently residing in Cyprus for the twelve months preceding the application date.
To begin the process of naturalisation on your behalf, after the necessary documentation has been presented to Eltoma, we will carry out all required appointment scheduling and attending as a legal representative on behalf of the applicant. Eltoma Corporate Services have been providing visas, work permits for third country nationals & residency certificates for over 8 years, with local immigration specialists in Cyprus. For a full list of our immigration services, click here.
Our fees also include the government handling charges and will provide a photocopy of receipt for the fees as required by all UK expats. We will take care of this, so you don’t have to!
To be eligible for naturalisaton based on years of residency in Cyprus, you must provide the following information:
- Birth certificate & UK travel passport.
- A background check in the form of a certificate showing a clean criminal record.
- Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Copies of all the pages of all the passports of the applicant detailing all arrivals and departures from Cyprus.
- A detailed statement of arrivals & departures from the applicant.
- Copies of newspaper advertisements in two consecutive publications which report that the applicant has filed an application for naturalisation.
- Two passport photos.
If for any reason any documents produced as evidence are not in English, they must:
- Be officially translated into Greek or English from the Press & Information Office.
- Be apostiled if the country has signed the Hague Convention of 1961.